At Mid-Cumberland Head Start we empower children and families to reach their potential now and throughout life.
The Staff Development Coordinator (SDC) mentors teachers who are responsible for the successful operation of the classrooms. The SDC plans and collaborates with other coordinators and staff in the Head Start program to ensure that outcomes are achieved for children of all abilities. This position is chiefly responsible for the following core functions and performs other tasks as needed:
- Provides leadership, training, monitoring, and assistance necessary for the Head Start/Early Head Start education services
- Assesses training needs and develops, conducts and/or arranges training as needed, including pre-service and in-service training
- Supervise curriculum and assessment implementation
- Conduct classroom observations and provide coaching to teaching staff
- Provides the leadership, training, and assistance necessary for the Head Start/Early Head Start Mental Health Service Component.
- Completes, conducts, and manages special projects and assignments delegated by the supervisor
- Maintains filing, tracking and documentation using MS Word, MS Excel and other computer programs
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development Family Studies or other related degree.
- Strong working knowledge of computers with abilities in (but not limited to) Windows and MS Office
- Previous training and/or mentoring experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel among eight county Middle TN service area
Click here to apply.