At Mid-Cumberland CAA Head Start we empower children and families to reach their potential now and throughout life.
This position serves as Teachers Assistant for the Early Head Start Child Care Partnership Program in Rutherford County, TN. The Teacher Assistant will work collaboratively with the Teacher to ensure the successful operation and implementation of the Early Head Start curriculum.
- Maintains a child-centered curriculum and learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation to promote development in all domains for children of all abilities.
- Addresses challenging behaviors by observing to determine possible causes of the behavior, implementing preventive measures, teaching the child new social and communication skills and partnering with families to support the child at home.
- Uses observations of children and anecdotal notes to document children’s progress and individualize curriculum.
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- On-going Monitoring/Self-assessment
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment.
- Supporting the social and emotional development of children.
- Encouraging the involvement of families in the Early Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families.
- Other tasks as needed
- Act as a Bus Driver and/or monitor as needed
- The minimum education requirement is a High School Diploma/GED
- An Infant/Toddler CDA credential is preferred.
- Must obtain a CDL (Commercial Driver's License) within 60 days of hire.
Click here to apply.
MCCAA is an EOE, Drug Free Workplace