This position serves as a Teacher for the Early Head Start Program (children ages 0 to 3). The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate competency to perform functions that include:
- Planning and maintaining a child-centered curriculum and learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation to promote development in all domains for children of all abilities.
- Addressing challenging behaviors by observing to determine possible causes of the behavior, implementing preventive measures, teaching the child new social and communication skills and partnering with families to support the child at home.
- Using observations of children and anecdotal notes to document children’s progress and individualize curriculum.
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- On-going Monitoring/Self-assessment
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment.
- Supporting the social and emotional development of children.
- Encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in a Early Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families.
- Other tasks as needed
- The minimum education requirement is a CDA (Child Development Associate), Infant and Toddler setting.
Click here to apply.