At Mid-Cumberland CAA Head Start we empower children and families to reach their potential now and throughout life.
The position of Food Services Technician II (FST II) is responsible for assisting the Lead FST with ordering, preparing, serving and documentation of meals and snacks. It includes following menus and all phases of kitchen operations including inventory control. The position contributes to the smooth operations and functioning of the kitchen in adherence to health and food safety codes and the strict cleanliness of the kitchen and food service and storage areas. The position may prepare foods for infants and toddlers and/or preschool children following the CACFP standards.
- Assists in preparation and serves food items on menus approved by a registered dietitian/nutritionist and assists in any food related activities.
- Ensures that standardized recipes are followed and appropriate quantities of food are prepared and served in accordance with the CACFP meal requirements.
- Assists Lead FST with receiving, inventory, storage of food and clean-up of central kitchen and equipment.
- Ensures that there is an established system for cleaning the kitchen and storage rooms so that they are always kept in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Responsible for complying with all local, state and federal standards regarding hygiene and sanitation.
- Completes a weekly inventory of all food, both perishable and non-perishable. Ensures that inventory is secure.
- Attends all workshops and meetings as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor or leadership staff.