This position will provide transportation services for Head Start children and assist in the day to day operations of Head Start classrooms within the assigned center. The CSA will work collaboratively with the Teacher and /or Teacher Assistant to ensure the successful operation and implementation of the Head Start curriculum. Job functions include, but not limited to:
- Drive Bus route as required.
- Maintaining a child-centered curriculum and learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation to promote development in all domains for children of all abilities.
- Addresses challenging behaviors by observing to determine possible causes of the behavior, implementing preventive measures, teaching the child new social and communication skills and partnering with families to support the child at home.
- Uses observations of children and anecdotal notes to document children’s progress and individualize curriculum.
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- On-going Monitoring/Self-assessment
- Planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including improving the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy and phonemic, print, and numeracy awareness.
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment.
- Supporting the social and emotional development of children.
- Encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in the Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families.
- Other tasks as assigned
- The minimum education requirement is a High School Diploma/GED
- A Preschool CDA credential is preferred and the requirements for obtaining a CDA should be completed be completed within 12 months of hire.
- Must be CDL eligible and obtain a CDL (Commercial Driver's License) within 60 days of hire. Position is contingent upon obtaining a CDL.