At Mid-Cumberland CAA Head Start we empower children and families to reach their potential now and throughout life.
This position serves as a Teacher Assistant for the Head Start program that will provide assitance to various classrooms and/or sites within the Program's service area. The TA will work collaboratively with the Teacher to ensure the successful operation and implementation of the Head Start curriculum. Job functions include, but not limited to:
- Maintaining a child-centered curriculum and learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation to promote development in all domains for children of all abilities.
- Addresses challenging behaviors by observing to determine possible causes of the behavior, implementing preventive measures, teaching the child new social and communication skills and partnering with families to support the child at home.
- Using observations of children and anecdotal notes to document children’s progress and individualize curriculum.
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- On-going Monitoring/Self-assessment
- Planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including improving the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy and phonemic, print, and numeracy awareness.
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment.
- Supporting the social and emotional development of children.
- Encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in the Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families.
- Act as bus monitor as required.
- Other tasks as needed
- The minimum education requirement is a High School Diploma/GED
- A Preschool CDA credential is preferred.