Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
At Mid-Cumberland Head Start we empower children and families to reach their potential now and throughout life.
This position serves as a Teacher for the MCCAA Head Start or Early Head Start programs in the eight county MCCAA Head Start/EHS service area . The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate competency to perform functions that include:
- Planning and maintaining a child-centered curriculum and learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation to promote development in all domains for children of all abilities
- Addressing challenging behaviors by observing to determine possible causes of the behavior, implementing preventive measures, teaching the child new social and communication skills and partnering with families to support the child at home
- Using observations of children and anecdotal notes to document children’s progress and individualize curriculum.
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment
- Supporting the social and emotional development of children
- Encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start/EHS program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families
- Other tasks as needed
- The minimum education requirement is an Associate in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and Family Studies.