- Assists with the Transportation services component systems and service delivery system in compliance with, Head Start/Early Head Start regulations, local policies and procedures, and other applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Assist with vehicle maintenance for all fleet vehicles including buses and other Agency vehicles in compliance with all regulatory agencies to assure effective delivery of Head Start/Early Head Start services.
- Monitor emissions testing and vehicle registration for all fleet and Agency vehicles
- Monitor maintenance schedules for all fleet and Agency vehicles including oil changes, tire rotations, etc.
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping for all maintenance of fleet and Agency vehicles
- Assists with employee training to meet CDL requirements among staff of eight county service area including but not limited to: providing ride along drive time for CDL permit holders, CDL skills test training for employees, and providing follow up training to employees in need of further assistance in attaining their CDL.
- Monitors the documentation, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements for the assigned service component.
- Assists with special projects and assignments delegated by the Property Manager to assist in the administration and operation of the program.
- Attend and participate in meetings, work groups, team meetings, committees, workshops, individual training and training conferences as assigned, which may include local, State, regional, and national groups.
- Comply with all Head Start Performance Standards, Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency and Mid-Cumberland Head Start Policies and Procedures, and other applicable Early Childhood Standards such as DHS Licensing Standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Education/Certification: Minimum of high school diploma and CDL (Commerical Diver's License) with a minimum of a Class C with P and S endorsements.
Experience:Two year’s work experience, preferably in school bus transportation, maintenance and logistics Head Start/Early Head Start experience preferred.