At Mid-Cumberland Head Start we empower children and families to reach their potential now and throughout life.
This position serves as a Teacher for the Head Start program (children ages 3 to 5). The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate competency to perform functions that include:
- Plan and maintains a child-centered curriculum and learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation to promote development in all domains for children of all abilities.
- Addresses challenging behaviors by observing to determine possible causes of the behavior, implementing preventive measures, teaching the child new social and communication skills and partnering with families to support the child at home.
- Uses observations of children and anecdotal notes to document children’s progress and individualize curriculum.
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- On-going Monitoring/Self-assessment
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment.
- Supporting the social and emotional development of children.
- Encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families.
- Other tasks as needed
- The minimum education requirement is BA/BS in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and Family Studies.