At Mid-Cumberland Head Start we empower children and families to reach their potential now and throughout life.
The Family Services Coordinator is primarily responsible for achieving the following outcomes for the Head Start program:
- Provides assistance, referrals, resources, workshops, trainings, and follow-up for enrolled families
- Facilitates, and provides assistance and guidance to Parent Committee
- Provides leadership and volunteer opportunities for parents and community
- Completes, monitors and follows up on Family Partnership Agreements on enrolled families, identifying family needs
- Maintains a current directory of community resources; is knowledgeable of local social service agencies and services they provide
- Recruit children for the Head Start and Early Head Start Programs
- Serves as an advocate for Head Start/EHS families when necessary
- Provides assistance to families to meet overall goal of self-sufficiency
- Ensures effective communication and cooperation between center and community agencies
- Collects data and prepares reports for various Head Start and Early Head Start staff members including the Family Partnership Coordinator, Community Partnership Coordinator, Area Manager, Data Entry, and others as requested
- Reviews and monitors data for completeness and accuracy.
- Updates social service data as requested
- Schedules appointments and takes children and parents to appointments as required
- Keep parents informed through letters, newsletters, home visits, and telephone calls
- Attend and participate in meetings, work groups, team meetings, committees, workshops, individual training and training conferences as assigned, which may include local, state, regional and national groups. This includes attending pre-service and in-service training
- Works in the Head Start or Early Head Start classroom as requested by Supervisor
- Comply with all Head Start Performance Standards; Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency and Mid-Cumberland Head Start Policies and Procedures, and other applicable Early Childhood Standards such as DHS Licensing Standards
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Human Services, Family Studies, Social Work, CDFS or a related field
- Previous work with families in the area of social services preferred
Click here to apply.